2001 MERCEDES BENZ 220CDI DOOR MIRROR

• Tnymils
  • 2001 MERCEDES BENZ 220CDI

2001 Mercedes Benz 220cdi 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

intermittent door mirro extension and locking flash
signal
How does the mirror casing come off?

Saturday, February 28th, 2009 AT 10:56 AM

• Dr Loot

I don't think I'm understanding your question, but if you are trying to take the mirror apart, you will ruin it, that is a one piece unit, you will have to replace the whole thing.

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 AT 6:48 PM
  • Tnymils

Many thanks for your reply. The only problem is that the mirror turn light do not come on although the front and back turn light are OK and this is only on the offside. Maybe the bulbs are gone or a wire is loose.

Regards

Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 5:00 AM
  • Dr Loot

Sorry I misunderstood your question, are those aftermarket turn signals on the mirror? Or are they factory? Thay are probably LEDs, which I doubt they are burned out, sometimes if you check the loom, in between the doorjamb, you may find some damaged wires, the wires probably run through a rubber boot, peeled back the boot and examine the wiring loom, make sure no wires have been damaged, if they are aftermarket and somebody installed them, the wire that goes to the mirror, will be noticeable in the door jam, make sure you have power going to it.

Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 10:32 AM
  • Tnymils

Thanks for your advice. The mirror is factory fitted as original The lights are LEDS. It probably is a wire loose, perhaps caused by the mirror retracting on park and I will have a closer look in daylight
Many thanks for your advice

Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 2:46 PM