DOOR MIRROR

2001 Mercedes Benz 220cdi

tnymils

February, 28, 2009 AT 10:56 AM

2001 Mercedes Benz 220cdi 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

intermittent door mirro extension and locking flash
signal
How does the mirror casing come off?

Dr Loot

March, 25, 2009 AT 6:48 PM

I don't think I'm understanding your question, but if you are trying to take the mirror apart, you will ruin it, that is a one piece unit, you will have to replace the whole thing.

tnymils

March, 26, 2009 AT 5:00 AM

Many thanks for your reply. The only problem is that the mirror turn light do not come on although the front and back turn light are OK and this is only on the offside. Maybe the bulbs are gone or a wire is loose.

Regards

Dr Loot

March, 26, 2009 AT 10:32 AM

Sorry I misunderstood your question, are those aftermarket turn signals on the mirror? Or are they factory? Thay are probably LEDs, which I doubt they are burned out, sometimes if you check the loom, in between the doorjamb, you may find some damaged wires, the wires probably run through a rubber boot, peeled back the boot and examine the wiring loom, make sure no wires have been damaged, if they are aftermarket and somebody installed them, the wire that goes to the mirror, will be noticeable in the door jam, make sure you have power going to it.

tnymils

March, 26, 2009 AT 2:46 PM

Thanks for your advice. The mirror is factory fitted as original The lights are LEDS. It probably is a wire loose, perhaps caused by the mirror retracting on park and I will have a closer look in daylight
Many thanks for your advice

Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda