O/D LIGHT FLASHING?

2001 Mazda Tribute

andreamarie44

July, 31, 2008 AT 8:06 PM

2001 Mazda Tribute 6 cyl Automatic 100000 miles

my " o/d off" light was flashing when we were driving through the mountains. When we turned the car off and on again it went away and has been off ever since. That was yesterday. We werent even using o/d. We tried turning the o/d button on and then off but it was still flashing. I looked in the manual and it said that if it is flashing then damage to the transaxle could occur. But it stopped flashing after we turned the car off and then on. Should I worry about this?

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

mhpautos

July, 31, 2008 AT 9:06 PM

Hi there,

Have any fault codes extracted and identified, your dealer or transmission specialist can do this for you, the code will be a fault with in the transmission.

mhpautos

July, 31, 2008 AT 9:06 PM

Hi there,

outinthewoodsnf

April, 1, 2009 AT 4:23 PM

Actually, I have the same problem with the flashing O/D light and rough shifting, but I tried to get the codes and it read " No Codes"

mhpautos

April, 1, 2009 AT 5:36 PM

Hi there,

often, generic code readers won't read all codes, you may have to get a factory read done, or have access to a top end scanner, try this.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement