Wipers do not work

RLMATZ
  • MAZDA PROTEGE

I have a 1998 and just recently the windshield wipers stopped working. When they are turned on, I can hear the motor working, but nothing happens. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Friday, March 2nd, 2007 AT 6:01 PM

M_H_RITZEL

First check to make sure the wipers are secured on. See if you can see the wiper motor. Does the wiper arm try to move?

-1
Friday, March 2nd, 2007 AT 7:52 PM
COSMO

More than likely the wiper link form the motor to the passenger wiper pivot is broken. Your local Mazda dealer should have it. The new link comes with the passenger wiper pivot, it might also be in your best interest to change the link to the driver pivot too.

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Tuesday, March 6th, 2007 AT 6:09 AM
DBRUNO7613
  • 2002 MAZDA PROTEGE
  • MERGED

The windshield wipers quit working on my car. Not even a tap or pull on them will get them working. Could this be a wiper motor issue? Also, a good year ago the radio display seems to be getting worse when it comes to displaying the numbers. It seems that it only shows part of the numbers and I can see them clear when I tap on the display. Could these issues be related?

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
JACK42
  • MERGED

I doubt if they are related. Check the fuses and connections at the wiper motor.

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
KLGMPC
  • 1995 MAZDA PROTEGE
  • MERGED

Four cylinder front wheel drive automatic 88,136 miles

I can hear the windshield wiper motor running. It even turns on and off when set on intermittent. But the wipers do not move. Can I fix this problem if I replace the entire wiper motor assembly?

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

Hi klgmpc,

No, you do not need to replace the wiper motor assembly.

You need to replace the wiper links.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
TIANOT
  • 1995 MAZDA PROTEGEMAZDA PROTEGE
  • MERGED

Hi! I have a 2000 model, 118,000 mileage. My windshield wiper is not working, but I heard some noise when I turn it on my windshield wiper. The windshield washer is working. I do not know what is wrong. How can I fix the windshield wiper? Can you help me for this? Thanks.

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
LOSONE
  • MERGED

Either the windshield wiper arm is disconnected or you need a new windshield wiper motor.

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
DAVID7
  • 2001 MAZDA PROTEGE
  • MERGED

Front wheel drive automatic 150,000 miles

driver side wiper works fine, passenger side does not work at all. How do I correct?

Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
AARONBUETTNER
  • 1993 MAZDA PROTEGE
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic 133,000 miles

My windshield wipers do not work. I replaced the windshield wiper motor with a new one. It still did not work. I looked at the fuse and it was not blown. Why is it not working? Do you have any suggestions?

By the way this is on a LX 1.8 DOHC, front wheel drive

+1
Thursday, January 5th, 2017 AT 6:52 PM