2000 MAZDA PROTEGE FLOORBOARD LEAK

• Jewles
  • 2000 Mazda Protege

The floorboard of my Mazda Protege is leaking on the front, passanger's side. I noticed it because my padding as drenched with clear water. It smells like water too. I took out the padding and pulled back the carpet. I drove through the carwash and noticed a lot of water coming in when the bottom got washed. I went to the auto store and bought Gorilla Glue and tried to put it everywhere where I saw water. After I drove when it rained, I noticed a small amount of water still coming in. I read about a product in Popular Mechanics called 3M 08655 Brushable Seam Sealer. Stores haven't heard of it. Do you think it will work? Does anyone know where I can buy it?

Thanks!

Monday, February 27th, 2006 AT 11:54 AM

• Cosmo

Do you have a/c in your car? If so I would look around the hole that drains your evaporator out onto the ground. Sometimes this port can become clogged OR the insulation around the port gets a little crushed and will leak water around it from outside the car.

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Monday, February 27th, 2006 AT 10:43 PM