MUFFLER SOUNDS ROUGH

Mazda

reihau

July, 15, 2007 AT 11:54 AM

Hi,

I had the muffler & tail pipe replaced when I lived in CA from a well-known auto parts/repair shop when the car had 165,000 miles. Now I'm going to school in Maine and the car has almost 203,000 miles. I was recently informed by a mechanic that I need an entire exhaust system, almost $400-500. The car has a rough sound all the time, sort of like a motorcycle. Can it be possible that I need a new exhaust system?

July, 15, 2007 AT 5:26 PM

Maybe it needs a new exhaust plumbing from the exhaust manifold to tail pipe or the wrong type components were installed.

BTW what did they do with the catalytic converter

reihau

July, 15, 2007 AT 9:55 PM

BTW what did they do with the catalytic converter[/quote: 51cd84c4e4]

The car still has the orig. Catalytic converter. Is it possible that the muffler or tail pipe has a hole and that only one of those parts needs to be replaced?

Thank you for your advice.

RH

July, 15, 2007 AT 10:25 PM

BTW what did they do with the catalytic converter[/quote: 7b1aa27090]

Thank you for your advice.

RH[/quote: 7b1aa27090]

Your Welcome

Get somebody underneath to listen maybe its not sealed/welded right-intensify the noise, so that the listener gets to pinpoint the leak.

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus