CLUTCH

Mazda

teylorlb

September, 29, 2006 AT 9:12 PM

I have a 1991 Mazda Navajo that the clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor and won't engage. I have noticed that the fluid in the plastic reservoir keeps going low. After I fill it up the pedal will get better. I can't seem to find any leaks as to where the fluid goes. :
I replaced the clutch 2 years ago. Can you tell me what this could be? Would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

Cosmo

October, 3, 2006 AT 6:55 PM

Sounds like you have a SLAVE cyl problem. In order to replace it you need to remove the tranny again.

You can confirn this by removing the rubber boot on the left side of the tranny and looking for fluid around the slave/release cyl

Cosmo

Mazda Tech

catch_15

October, 24, 2006 AT 12:29 PM

It could be that, but I always like to start with the cheapest solution first. Check to see if the bleeder valve is cracked open. If so, you would be constantly losing fluid. Just a thought.

Cosmo

October, 24, 2006 AT 9:54 PM

Thats a good idea, but I dought that it would come loose after 2years. AS I previously stated I would check the bellhousing yourself by removing the plastice boot and look for fluid around the slave cyl.

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions