NOISES WHEN DRIVING THROUGH SOME WAT

2009 Mazda

jimisharris

February, 11, 2010 AT 10:41 PM

Noises problem
2009 Other Mazda Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 7500 miles

Hi I have a new Mazda 2 model 2009 with 12000(7500 miles) km done. I've noticed that when i'm driving through some water, with low rpm at the engine and air condition enabled a little noise from front of the car. This sound is like a skirl is something like the sound that a collar make and it's not from the breaks because sometimes I stop the car and the sound continues. This sound heared only when I drive through water. The weird is that when I increase rpms at engine the sound stops. The mechanic didn't find the problem but i'm fearing.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 11, 2010 AT 11:03 PM

Based on your description, it sounds like the belt is getting wet. Have they checked that? Has the dealer been able to recreate the noise?

Let me know. Whatever you do, make sure you have it documented that the problem started while the vehicle is under full warranty.

jimisharris

February, 11, 2010 AT 11:23 PM

It is very possible for the belt to be wet because these is no any protection for bottom of the hood. Is there any possibility of a future problem is something like that occurs. The mechanic could not recreate the noise, but mechanic drove it for 10 minutes and I use the car every day. Thanks

Jacobandnickolas

February, 11, 2010 AT 11:51 PM

My only concern is that the belt gets wet enough to slip and you loose power steering which is unlikely, but could happen. Other than that, it should be fine.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche