FLOOD DAMAGE

2006 Mazda

brandnew00002

February, 12, 2008 AT 5:24 PM

Engine problem
2006 Other Mazda Models 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 33000 miles

I recently got into an accident. I swerved to avoid an animal that was on the road and hit loose gravel and lost control of my car. It then flipped upside-down into an embankment that was flooded with water. The water drowned the engine completely up to the dash. It was towed. The car is structurally sound and there is very very little exterior damage. My left front corner panel where the door meets the sheet metal was dented in due to the tow company pulling the car out. I have not tried to start the car because I have heard that could cause more problems. When the battery is connected the lights and horn and windshield wipers start up. Is the engine lost? Will I need to get a new engine? What would be the most cost effective way to repair? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

blackop555

February, 12, 2008 AT 7:40 PM

You will have to probably replace your ignition switch, also dry off al fuses and relays inside the vehicle and under the hood, your coils may be fried also, if I were you id take it in and have it fixed, lots of things will have to be tested.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3