FRONT WHEEL DRIVER'S SIDE

2005 Mazda

sammy01

Other Category problem
2005 Other Mazda Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

I hope you can help me. I have a rotational problem I guess you could call it with the driver's side wheel. It is rding really rough and is loud. The dealer keeps saying its my tires but it is not as each time I rotate the tires I get the same thing on that particular wheel. Could this be a wheel bearing or could it have something to do with my frontwheel drive? There is no grinding noise. The front brakes were just done so it can t be the rotors. Also my gas mileage is down. I get 350km to a tank where before I was getting almost 500kim of driving in the city.

Jack42

Did this start after the brake job? Could be a wheel bearing, if it was dragging it might explain the loss of mileage. Does the noise change turning right then left?

sammy01

Hi Jack,
No this has been like this for about 1 month now. Mazda keeps downplaying saying its the tire. When I turn left there is no noise just really rough the way it rides. It does drag though in the front but just the front tire driver's side. All others seem good

Jack42

I take it this car is still under warranty? Sounds as though the dealer is stalling for more time, til it becomes customer pay. Go back and talk to the service manager and ask why the techs there cant fix my car

sammy01

Okay. Just so I am clear, you are saying most likely it is a bearing? Just so I can tell them where to look.I actually have an appointment tomorrow so I will advise them to double check. Thank you for your help

Jack42

If the noise goes away turning left, it is most likely the l/f wheel bearing

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement