DOOR CANNOT BE OPENNED INSIDE AND OU

1998 Mazda

Philip247

June, 27, 2009 AT 2:50 PM

1998 Other Mazda Models Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Hi I have a Mazda Capella 1998,

The person I got this car of has someone try to brake in. His son tried to fix the passenger door, but took something out or disconnected something so it would stay locked from outside.

Unfortunately the door will not unlock from the outside or inside. I cannot get the door panel of so I cannot fix the problem.

I have tried going through the window gap and lifting up the lock part but it still doesn't open.

I have no idea what to do, as I cannot get my car WOF without all door's being able to open.

Rear Door

June, 28, 2009 AT 4:56 AM

Hi Philip247,

Thank you for the donation.

It would not be easy if not impossible to remove the inner panel and the only way of doing it is to remove whatever attaching screws for the inner panel. Lift it out slightly at the door pillar area and snake your hands in to try to unlock the locking mechanism. Manually release the opener lever at latch side to open the door.

Philip247

June, 28, 2009 AT 10:04 PM

Hi KHLow2008,

i have tried that as well firstly I cannot pull it out enough to put my hand around, and secondly I pulled the drivers door inner panel of. The part where I believe it unlocks is covered in plastic and has gaps only a coat hanger can fit into.

If needed I can upload a pic.

-Phil

June, 29, 2009 AT 11:46 AM

Yes, some pictures for me to understand the situation would be of help.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test