1990 MAZDA TRUCK

• mabel
  • 1990 Mazda

Hi I am having a problem with my 4 cycl maszda truck 2door 192,000 miles small cab plus, it is cutting off with no warning when vehicle gets warmed up.

Thursday, April 13th, 2006 AT 8:33 AM

• losone

I think you have an optical reader distributer which is prone to the problem you have. It needs to be replaced and they are a little pricy but easy to replace. Good luck

Thursday, April 13th, 2006 AT 8:41 AM
  • mabel

Could you please explain this to me further I am a female do not understand but need my veh trying to email you but unable to get it through me e-mail is mabel054@netzero. Net

Thursday, April 13th, 2006 AT 8:57 AM
  • mabel

What is a optical reader distributor what does it cost I am a senior citzen would it be better to find another vehicle?

Thursday, April 13th, 2006 AT 9:31 AM
  • losone

It is a type of distributer used on those vehicles. I suggest you get a mechanic to look at your car. The problem "could" be either the distributer, igniter or fuel system. There is no way I can tell without making some specific tests. Good luck

Thursday, April 13th, 2006 AT 4:32 PM