1991 MAZDA MX6 AUTOMATIC SEAT BELT

• rwalzer
  • 1991 Mazda MX6

1991 Mazda MX6 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150, 00 miles

The automatic seat belt on the driver's side stiicks at the beginning of the seat belt track when I first start my car. I have to force the belt mechanism to get it going. Sometimes it also siticks at the back end of the track when I turn off the engine and get out of my car, and I have to do the same thing. I tried spraying the inside of the track with WD-40 and that did not solve the problem. I was told by a local Mazda dealer that it would cost $900 just for parts to replace the seat belt motor. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 AT 3:19 PM

• Dave H

Hello. Thanks for the donation. Much appreciated

You will need to replace the motor i'm afraid. Check with your local autoparts store for aftermarket replacement motors or try Ebay. You could also check the used car parts suppliers

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 3:48 AM
  • rwalzer

If I can find an aftermarker replacement motor, do I have to go to a Marzda dealer to do the work correctly? This is probably a pretty specialized job.

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 10:03 AM