ENGINE PERFORMANCE PROBLEM1995 MAZDA MILLENIA 6...

1995 Mazda Millenia

byllh74

August, 23, 2010 AT 12:21 PM

1995 Mazda Millenia 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

Hello again, I am working on a car for my brother in law. Dont know much about the car, he bought it about amonth ago. Said he was driving and it died on him. I went to look at it and check engine light was on and I pulled the codes and got a maf sensor code. (Dont remember the code, written down but im out of the area) and also got a code for the idle control valve. I checked the wiring connectors and the idle air valve was completely unplugged. Plugged that back in and it was better. Now as far as the maf sensor, I cant find any material on the car as far as checking the sensor. I did find what looks like a vaccumm hose that is just laying under the air filter box and also a hose that is broke that is connected to the inside of the headlight area. Does anybody have any kind of help for me? Thanks again my friends at 2carpros. Com

ill be at the car wednesday if you need any info. Thanks

byllh74

August, 23, 2010 AT 12:28 PM

Also just got off the phone with the owner of the car. He drove it all weekend and had no problems other than when he is stopped at idle. I turned the check engine light off and it still hasnt came back on. Thanks again