REPLACE FRONT DISK BRAKE PADS AND PEDAL NO

2003 Mazda b3000

auslk

October, 3, 2008 AT 11:47 AM

Brakes problem
2003 Mazda b3000 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 79000 miles

I removed the original pads, still had life, pushed the pistons all the way back into the calipers (after venting the fluid reservoir cap) to allow clearance for the new pads, replaced and lubricated the slide rails installed the new pads, and remounted to the rotor. I then put the cap back on the reservoir tested the pedal and it felt fine. Started the vehicle and then tested the pedal and it goes all the way down to the floorboard with some braking action that will stop the vehicle. After a short drive, I feel like the pads are dragging and of course the pedal really fades when the engine is running. I then proceed to bleed the front brakes, retested, no improvement.

Does the master cylinder need re-bleeding now. No check engine light.

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide, not my 1st brake job, but it's been awhile.

auslk

November, 17, 2008 AT 2:38 PM

Wrong pads supplied by Autozone. What a waste of time and money, I should have checked their website myself to make sure it was the right application, can't seem to depend on them to get it right!

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy