1995 Mazda B2300 Won't always start.

TACO3OF6
  • 1995 MAZDA B2300

1995 Mazda b2300 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 300, 00 miles

Sometimes after sitting for 1/2 day or so, my trunk will crank, but not start. I can leave it alone for a few hours, come back and it will start up just fine. I replaced the fuel pump but the issue remains. It may run a week or better with no problem, but out of the blue it will do this again. It was suggested to change the camshaft sensor, but after reading a few articles, I see there is a cam sensor, and a crankshaft sensor. Do you have any suggestions

Andy

Friday, August 6th, 2010 AT 8:29 AM

If it refuses to start don't wait for nothing- do below to find out if its fuel or spark problem that's causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

-1
Friday, August 6th, 2010 AT 8:34 AM
TEL

Andy, I was wondering if you ever figured out what was going on with your truck. I have a 1995 and it is doing the same thing. I had it towed home this week only to have it crank on the first time I tried it once I got it home. It has done this several times over the last year.
Thanks for any input you may have.

Terry

+1
Sunday, March 27th, 2011 AT 9:32 PM