MY 4W ABS LIGHT IS ON AND MY CAR IS MAKING A

1993 Mazda 929

jgriffin

April, 15, 2008 AT 4:59 PM

Brakes problem
1993 Mazda 929 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 184, 00 miles

I was driving my car at a normal speed and everything was fine. I stopped, turned off car, and got back in. Once I started to drive my 4W ABS light came on. So I pulled over, turned off the car and popped the hood. The light went off, but there was a hissing noise. I turned back on the car and the light came right back on and the hissing noise never stopped. Its been 2 hours and the noise is still there and when I turn the car on and put it in Drive the light comes back on. HELP! Please.

Jack42

April, 15, 2008 AT 5:20 PM

Need to poke your head around and find th ehiss. Might be the vacuum assist for the brakes. Look for a fairly big hose leaving the booster (behind master cyl) and going to engine

jgriffin

April, 16, 2008 AT 1:47 PM

Well now my car won't start. The hissing noise continued thoughout the night. I took the battery out and took it to auto zone to be recharged. They rechared the battery and I put it back in my car. It still won't start. Now what should I do?

Jack42

April, 16, 2008 AT 2:20 PM

The engine doesnt turn over, or it turns over and wont start?

Jack42

April, 17, 2008 AT 9:21 AM

If it turns an wont start, look at the hose I mentioned before, if it is cracked or broken it could create a large enough vacuum leak to keep it from starting

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz