OVERDRIVE SENSOR IS BLINKING PLEASE HEP!

• jackie
  • Mazda 626

I drive a 1997 Mazda 626 LX, my overdrive light is blinking and I took it to my mechanic and he said that it's either my overdrive sensor or some wires I have no idea which ones. Also when i'm driving the rpm's jump to 3 when i'm only going about 20 mph. Can anybody help!

Friday, January 20th, 2006 AT 2:44 PM

• Jack42

The trans sounds like it is in bad shape. Have it looked at by a trans shop

Tuesday, February 7th, 2006 AT 5:40 PM
  • jackie

What is a reasonable price for a rebuilt transmission and labor? Just as an idea.

Thursday, February 9th, 2006 AT 11:00 AM
  • cgertken

I have a 1995 626 and had to have my transmission rebuilt and it cost me $1,800 so be careful. You may even want to look into getting a remanufactured one.

Thursday, February 9th, 2006 AT 1:48 PM
  • Maddison

I drive a 1997 626 4cyl with auto overdrive, I had it for about 4 months when it started doiing exactly what you're describing. Unfortunatly it only lasted another 2 weeks after that.I know a rebuild is about 1800 but it took me about 3 months to locate a used replacement. No other transmission interchanges with that car, it has to be from a 97 626.(I was working at a salvage yard at the time.)

Monday, February 20th, 2006 AT 4:13 PM