OVERDRIVE SENSOR IS BLINKING PLEASE HEP!

Mazda 626

jackie

I drive a 1997 Mazda 626 LX, my overdrive light is blinking and I took it to my mechanic and he said that it's either my overdrive sensor or some wires I have no idea which ones. Also when i'm driving the rpm's jump to 3 when i'm only going about 20 mph. Can anybody help!

Jack42

February, 7, 2006 AT 5:40 PM

The trans sounds like it is in bad shape. Have it looked at by a trans shop

jackie

February, 9, 2006 AT 11:00 AM

What is a reasonable price for a rebuilt transmission and labor? Just as an idea.

cgertken

February, 9, 2006 AT 1:48 PM

I have a 1995 626 and had to have my transmission rebuilt and it cost me $1,800 so be careful. You may even want to look into getting a remanufactured one.

Maddison

February, 20, 2006 AT 4:13 PM

I drive a 1997 626 4cyl with auto overdrive, I had it for about 4 months when it started doiing exactly what you're describing. Unfortunatly it only lasted another 2 weeks after that.I know a rebuild is about 1800 but it took me about 3 months to locate a used replacement. No other transmission interchanges with that car, it has to be from a 97 626.(I was working at a salvage yard at the time.)

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda