94 LX - SQUEALING WHEN PUT INTO DRIVE AND REVERSE

1994 Mazda 626

swp

My 94 Mazda 626 (139,000 mi) had it's water pump changed a few months ago. About a month later I started getting a low squealing noise when the car is put into the Drive gear or Rear gear. Now If you drive the car the noise gets very loud and subsides for a few minutes and comes back when you come to a complete idling stop. The water pump is fine, so what else could be causing this problem. I would like to get some ideas before I run it back to my mechanic.

Thanks.

10foTuck

Maybe your clutch is out on your A/C unit?

swp

January, 30, 2006 AT 7:57 AM

The A/C is currently not working, because it needs an air compressor. I'll check this out to see if that's the cause.

Thanks.

10foTuck

It doesnt have to work but if that belt is turning that pully that unit might froze up causing your squeel.

swp

February, 1, 2006 AT 6:52 PM

Thanks for clarifying that. I would have taken it to the mechanic and they probably would have taken the A/C apart if I mentioned that it didn't work, instead of getting to the bottom of my real problem.

I'll let you know what the verdict is.

Thanks again.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front