2.2L NOT GETTING FUEL TO THE ENGINE!

1990 Mazda 626

mycar

I've already spent over 200 dollars on a fuel pump that I just found out I don't need. The old one is working fine, but I am still not getting gas to the engine and cannot get the car to start. Does anyone know where the relay switch is or what else could possibly be wrong? Thanks for anyone that can help.I'm going to lose my job if I can't get this fixed soon.

Thanks,
Trish

scorpio612

I am not an expert but had similar problem with my maxima. First it was the fuel injection system. Had to replace a part.

And 2nd time it was due to the Distributor cap. Distrubutor cap was cracked. Car was cranking but no spark was generating. Hopefully it helps

Paloma Paul

Why do you say it's not getting fuel? Take the fuel filter to engine hose off, have a friend crank the engine, if you see fuel coming out then its probably the pressure regulator has taken a dive. If that's the case try back flushing it with Berrymans carb cleaner. If it still doesn't start try replacing the regulator. But its an expensive part $100+. Post your results.

mycar

Thanks for the help. Everyone.I know this sounds wierd. But its all fixed now.I guess it wasn't grounded properly! Thanks for the info!

Thanks,
Trish

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006