TROUBLE AFTER CHANGING REAR BRAKE PADS

2003 Mazda 6

pamela1979804

October, 16, 2010 AT 7:28 PM

Brakes problem
2003 Mazda 6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My husband changed my rear brake pads on my car because they were starting to scrub. It was his first time changing disc brakes. Now my abs light, brake warning light, traction control light, and trac control off light are all lit up. Today I started the car and they were off, until I stopped. Then there was what sounded like a small grind/vibration in what felt like the front end of my car and the lights came back on and stayed on. Anyone know what this might be caused by?

October, 17, 2010 AT 5:23 AM

Hi pamela1979804,

Seems the brake job had caused the ABS and other indicator lights to be turned on.

Recheck the installation of the brake pads and note if the wheel sensor wires are corectly installed and not damaged.

Get a scan done to retrieve the trouble codes to understand which wheel is causing the problem.

pamela1979804

November, 2, 2010 AT 11:22 PM

Thanks! It took me a little while, but I saved up some money to get it fixed. It was the wheel sensor that had gone bad. That is what was causing all my lights to turn on.

November, 3, 2010 AT 7:42 AM

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.

Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford