LOUD NOISE FROM VALVE COVER

1997 Ford Taurus

racine13

May, 19, 2013 AT 5:42 PM

. My taurus over heated and blew the head gasket. I have repaired that problem. But now when it gets warmed up it sounds like the valves are coming through the valve cover. Is it the oil pump? I have no oil light. And was the oil pump the problem from the beginning?

May, 19, 2013 AT 5:57 PM

No, the head gasket blew from the overheating.

Remove the valve covers and make sure the rockers and push rods are in good shape

roy

2Carpros Max

May, 21, 2013 AT 11:50 PM

Reply from racine13 via email: I have replaced the head gaskets along with all the other gaskets on the top end. It started up fine and on the road test when it got warm it starting knocking on the top. I am thinking the oil pump is bad?

May, 22, 2013 AT 4:26 PM

Make sure the rockers and push rods are not loose or off. I would do this first to verify the valve train is together.

If you had oil pump issues all the rockers would be making noise. Have a manual test done to see if the pump or bearing have failed

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element