To access the sensor, you need to remove the air filter box. The sensor is on the top of the transmission housing. Here are the directions. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2013 Honda Civic Sedan L4-1.8L (R18Z1)
Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor Removal And Installation (A/T)
Vehicle Powertrain Management Transmission Control Systems Sensors and Switches - Transmission and Drivetrain Sensors and Switches - A/T Transmission Speed Sensor Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor Removal And Installation (A/T)
OUTPUT SHAFT (COUNTERSHAFT) SPEED SENSOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION (A/T)
Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor Removal and Installation
1. Air Cleaner
1. Disconnect the intake air duct (A).
2. Remove the air cleaner (B).
3. Remove the harness clamp (C).
2. Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor
1. Disconnect the connector (A).
2. Remove the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor (A) with the O-ring (B).
1. Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor
1. Install the output shaft (countershaft) speed sensor (A) using a new O-ring (B).
2. Check the connector (A) for corrosion, dirt, or oil, and clean or repair if necessary, then connect the connector securely.
2. Air Cleaner
1. Install the harness clamp (A).
2. Install the air cleaner (B).
3. Connect the intake air duct (C).
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 AT 8:09 PM