1994 LINCOLN TOWN CAR TICKING AND KNOCKING

• chris_30240
  • 1994 Lincoln Town Car

1994 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 265000 miles

hello I have a 94 lincoln towncar with the 4.6L it has 265000 miles my grandfather gave it to me when I got it it had a bad water leak I fixed that and the windows among other small things now when I start it it runs very rough when its cold if you let off the gas it dies untill it gets warm it also has a very bad tick to it its very loud and when it goes to die befor it gets warm u can hear a knock to it which either goes away after warming up or is hid by the ticking I want to fix the car on my own becouse he got it as a project car any ideas on what all this could be or what I can do to rule out some things any help would be amazing thank you

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 7:45 PM

• merlin2021

Read the codes first for the idle problem, but can be either the idle air control, or the ECT, or a vacuum leak, the ticking and knocking is more serious, and can be worn engine parts, and or a weak oil pump.

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 7:50 PM
  • chris_30240

Thanks for the help do you think it would be worth fixing

Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 9:29 PM
  • merlin2021

I would'nt want to be the guy that said fixing t T/C with 265,000 miles is a good idea.

Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 12:05 PM