TICKING AND KNOCKING

1994 Lincoln Town Car

chris_30240

1994 Lincoln Town Car V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 265000 miles

hello I have a 94 lincoln towncar with the 4.6L it has 265000 miles my grandfather gave it to me when I got it it had a bad water leak I fixed that and the windows among other small things now when I start it it runs very rough when its cold if you let off the gas it dies untill it gets warm it also has a very bad tick to it its very loud and when it goes to die befor it gets warm u can hear a knock to it which either goes away after warming up or is hid by the ticking I want to fix the car on my own becouse he got it as a project car any ideas on what all this could be or what I can do to rule out some things any help would be amazing thank you

merlin2021

Read the codes first for the idle problem, but can be either the idle air control, or the ECT, or a vacuum leak, the ticking and knocking is more serious, and can be worn engine parts, and or a weak oil pump.

chris_30240

Thanks for the help do you think it would be worth fixing

merlin2021

I would'nt want to be the guy that said fixing t T/C with 265,000 miles is a good idea.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue