2004 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR LOW OIL PRESSURE LIGHT

• samamour
  • 2004 Lincoln Navigator

2004 Lincoln Navigator V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

When vehicle is first started in the mornings, there is a small rattling noise which disappears after engine is warmed and no longer is heard unless the vehicle sits off for longer than maybe 2 hours. However, today the low oil pressure light came on shortly and we are getting concerned.

Saturday, January 16th, 2010 AT 10:11 PM

• rasmataz

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge if normal replace the oil pressure switch abnormal could mean oil pump and engine bearings

Saturday, January 16th, 2010 AT 10:26 PM
  • samamour

Oil pump or engine bearings. Are these expensive repairs? Should I drive the vehicle to the repair shop or have it towed. We just purchased the used vehicle and had the oil changed immediately and just had the compressor replaced on the front suspension.

Saturday, January 16th, 2010 AT 11:58 PM
  • rasmataz

This rattling noises does it sound more like a ticking/tapping noise is it coming from the upper end of the engine if so could be lifter/valve problems.

Sunday, January 17th, 2010 AT 12:26 AM
  • samamour

The sound is a LOUD tapping and lasts for about 2 to 3 secs. I thought that it may have been the fuel grade that I put in it which was 87 instead of the 93 which I will put in from this point forward. And yes the noise seems to be coming from the upper end of the engine. I want to get it to the dealership first thing Monday. Can you offer any suggested terms I should use to explain what the concern may be? Also note that the engine seems to run like a champ.
Thanks a ton for your input.

Sunday, January 17th, 2010 AT 3:40 PM
  • rasmataz

Sounds more like a lifter leakdown problem-

Sunday, January 17th, 2010 AT 3:49 PM
  • samamour

What exactly is that and what would it stem from? I just had the Compressor for the suspension replaced on friday morning. Would it stem from that activity?

Sunday, January 17th, 2010 AT 3:58 PM