AIR SUSPENSION PROBLEMS

1990 Lincoln Mark VII

mattinminnesota

October, 19, 2009 AT 6:41 PM

Suspension problem
1990 Lincoln Mark VII V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 108000 miles

just bought a 1990 loncoln at a local auction, thought it had a bad tranny, it would neutralize in drive and overdrive.I found the tv cable disconected under the throtle body and that fixed the problem. It has all new air bags and struts, brand new. But when it pumps up the left rear extends fully and and the right rear deflates completely, it's like driving the car on a fence!When I pull the four air lines out of the connector at the pump only one of them has presure in it.I dont see any level adjustments on the rear. The front adjustments are tight and look ok. Any help would be awsome. Is there a brain to this system, and can the air bags be taken out and replaced with springs?

matt in minnesota

BLUECOLLAR

July, 25, 2010 AT 7:53 PM

Probably the fastest, easiest method would be to do the coil spring conversion. At $339. It would be all over.

If you wanted to keep the air, I would focus on the solenoid and air supply line on the RR. As the rear ionly has 1 sensor and is designed to raise both sides evenly. If they aren't, theres either a leak in the air spring itself or leaking at the air line going to the solenoid.

If the air springs were rebuilt, that is probably going to be the problem. As they generally last only 2 years.

Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class