2001 LINCOLN LS FUEL PUMP

• Jtglenny
  • 2001 LINCOLN LS

2001 Lincoln LS V8

I was wondering if I need to replace both fuel pumps, or just the one behind the passenger seat? Also I read somewhere that buying a pump from the dealer is the best bc the ones from the auto store dont come wire ready?

I also need to know the location of my Transmission Range Sensor. I cant find it

Thursday, September 30th, 2010 AT 11:49 AM

• Bluelightnin6

Hello and thanks for donating

That would depend on how it was concluded that the fuel pump is at fault. The jet pump module (pump on left side) supplies fuel to the right half which has the fuel pump delivery module. Then the FPDM (right side pump) pumps the fuel under pressure to the fuel injection supply manifold. Just because one failed does not mean the other one needs replaced, but if you're unsure which one is faulty and you're going to be in there anyway you should go ahead and replace both. I prefer to use dealer fuel pumps because they seem to last much longer than aftermarket pumps. Your vehicle's transmission range (TR) sensor is attached to the base of the gear selector lever.

Thursday, September 30th, 2010 AT 12:06 PM