CRUISE CONTROL

2000 Lincoln LS

LINCOLN2000

June, 22, 2010 AT 11:20 AM

2000 Lincoln LS 6 cyl Automatic

On my 2000 Lincoln LS I was having problems with my cruise control it seemed I would just have to " mess" with the controls on the steering wheel usually if I pressed off it would turn on, (stupid right?) But now it just stopped working all together. Is there a part that perhaps needs replaced and where do I start checking to solve the issue? (Cheapest first please, im a college student lol).
Thank you very much.

bluelightnin6

June, 22, 2010 AT 9:18 PM

Do your brake lights still work? Also, when trying to set the cruise, does the green cruise indicator in instrument panel flash or stay on?

LINCOLN2000

June, 26, 2010 AT 8:24 AM

My brake lights work, and the green light doesnt do anything when I try to put the cruise control on, nothing happens anymore. The green light used to work when the cruise control did.

bluelightnin6

June, 26, 2010 AT 10:31 AM

Okay, well since brake lights work that rules out faulty brake switch. You should check fuses since it's the cheapest but most likely they are OK since you said it started as an intermittent issue. Seems like either the wiring to the steering wheel switch or the switch itself that controls the CC system is faulty.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic