1995 Lincoln Continental Car won't start unless fuel in thr

ASULLY1979
  • 1995 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL
Two days ago I was driving down the road and out of nowhere, my car completely shut off. I put it in neutral while coasting and turned off the ignition & restarted it as if I was restarting it again. It started running again but it did this every 2-3 miles. The next day I tried starting it and it would just rotate, but not fully crank. I've looked online at multiple causes and I actually replaced my coils, I checked to see if I had gas pressure from the valve that is on the fuel rail that supplies the fuel injectors & gas spewed out when wife turned on the ignition when pressing on the release valve so I'm assuming I have pressure. I was also told that I may have bad gas seeing how I put gas in it about 10 minutes before this all started. They said it might have been contaminated with E-85 so I emptied the entire tank out and replaced the fuel and still have no luck getting it started. Then finally I took off the air breather to the throttle body, poured gas down in there, turned the car over & it rain briefly until that gas burned up. And if I keep pouring gas down the throttle body, it will continue to run until that gas has burned up. Also, when I put pour gas down the throttle body and step on the throttle peddle, nothing happens like extra gas getting inside the engine to keep it running. Kinda like maybe my injectors aren't getting signal to open? Please help! I'm completely clueless!
Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 5:17 PM

MERLIN2021
Use a noid light , unplug the injectors and plug in the noid light, crank engine, does the light flash? Next open the trunck and check the inertia switch, this shuts down the fuel in the event of a crash, but can be tripped or defective, press the button down and recheck for fuel.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Self_Test_Conn_3.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Test_Connector_Pre96_18.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/car_repair_video/test_fuel_injection_pressure.htm
Go here and checkout our video. Autozone will rent you the gauge.
Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 5:50 PM
ASULLY1979
Ihave checked the trunck switch and its all the way down so im assuming its reset if it popped and the noid switch can I get one at an auto part store ad where do I find that conector on the pictures to put the noid switch
Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 6:26 PM
ASULLY1979
Ihave checked the trunck switch and its all the way down so im assuming its reset if it popped and the noid switch can I get one at an auto part store ad where do I find that conector on the pictures to put the noid switch[/quote:16f11de450]
Hey its me again someone told me I can take a papercliip and clip it on a test light and make the same thing so I did and put the clip on clipside of the testlight and put the probe on red wire side of injector switch wires and there was no flashing or light of any kind when my wife was turning it over
Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 7:32 PM
MERLIN2021
OK check for power at th Batt(=) of the coil pack, if no power, you'll need to start testing the crank sensor, then the CCRM(Contant control relay mpodule) It supplies power via the EEC-V relay inside it to the ignition. The ignition switch itself can also be the problem, turning the key is what triggers the injectors.
Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 7:41 PM
ASULLY1979
What do you mean batt(=) coil pack where the plug wires come from coil paks are brand new and I get spark but if im missunderstanding please let me know my family needs this car bad
Sunday, July 6th, 2008 AT 7:51 PM