3.8L V6 - 1994 Lincoln Continental
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Raise and support vehicle. Remove lower nut on both right-side engine mounts. Raise and support engine.
2. Remove accessory drive belts and water pump pulley. Remove air suspension pump (if equipped). Remove power steering with hoses attached and secure aside (if equipped).
3. Remove A/C compressor front bracket, leaving compressor in place (if equipped). Disconnect necessary coolant hoses. Remove water pump bolts and nuts. Note bolt location. Note if sealant is applied to bolt threads. Remove water pump and gasket.
CAUTION :When bolt is removed, note if sealant is applied to threads. Some bolts are coated with sealant to prevent coolant leakage.
1. Install gasket using Gasket and Trim Adhesive (D7AZ-19B508-B). To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Lightly oil threads of bolt and stud not containing thread sealant.
2. If bolts originally contained thread sealant, clean and reapply thread sealant to bolts. Tighten bolts and nuts to specification.
Fill cooling system.
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 AT 11:01 PM