CRANKS NO START

1995 Lexus SC 300

andyness

September, 22, 2010 AT 12:17 AM

1995 Lexus SC 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 231000 miles

I just replaced my cylinder head gasket and has the cylinder head re surfaced- machine shop pressure tested and said it was good just needed to be re surfaced due to overheating causing warepage to cylinder head. After putting engine back together I have 1 ground wire left over and it looks like the wire that is under vehicle that is a ground for body and bell housing. I want to know where the ground goes and could this be why the car will crank but not start? I checked timming marks also checked distributer to make sure firing on number 1 cylinder also checked fuel pressure good.

September, 22, 2010 AT 5:27 AM

1995 Lexus SC 300 cranks no start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

andyness

September, 22, 2010 AT 10:18 PM

I performed the following and figured out ignition good then checked fuel pressure low. Would you start with replacing fuel filter it looks original?

September, 23, 2010 AT 5:42 AM

Replace the fuel filter and see if there's improvement

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe