CLICKING NOISE BEHIND PASSENGER DASHBOARD

2004 Lexus RX 330

roncmccain

August, 9, 2009 AT 10:30 AM

2004 Lexus RX 330 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 64000 miles

On my Lexus RX 330, I have an intermittent (most of the time but not all) clicking type sound behind the passenger dashboard. The sound is there when the car is stopped or in motion but stops immediately when the ignition is turned off. It is there whether or not the air conditioner is turned off. Any ideas?

MaintenanceMan

February, 7, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

I have the same problem(Same car @ 95K miles). Kind of like a small motor out of balance behind the passenger dashboard. A/C on or off, Fan speed, stopped or moving didn't change it.
Has been periodic for months now and haven't been able to pinpoint what it is.

Oxamanduhx

February, 10, 2012 AT 3:48 PM

It is most likely an actuator for your heater and A/C unit. These things are pricey so as long as it is still moving, I wouldn't fix it just yet. Example: make sure the heater will move from heat to A/C, or floor to face to defrost. And Fresh to recirc. If they are still moving. Its more of an annoyance to you. Just wait until one stops working. You are looking at about $600.00 + repair.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Open Hood Video
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement