ALTERNATOR SOUND

2000 Lexus RX 300

Musclepeng

September, 8, 2009 AT 10:12 PM

Noises problem
2000 Lexus RX 300 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 93000 miles

Hi there, my 2000 lexus rx 300 ran out of battery a week ago. I thought it was the battery's problem, but it turn out the belt on the alternator broke. That is the reason that the battery couldn't charge at all. Before the belt brakes, I occassionally heard squeeking sounds when I start the car, especially when I turn on the AC. But the sounds settled down after a while, so I just ignored it. The squeeking sound had got worst before the old alternator belt broke. NOW HERE IS THE REAL QUESTION I WANT TO ASK YOU FOR ADVICE. I start to hear the squeeking sound again even with the new alternator belt, it doesnt last long, maybe around 10 seconds. Should I change the alternator? Or might be problem with other parts of the Vehicle.

Thanks,
Peter

September, 8, 2009 AT 11:07 PM

Inspect all the drive belts if its loose before you start thinking of the alternator if in doubt about it bring it in and get it tested.

Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator testing done right