CODES PROBLEMS

1993 Lexus LS 400

ahugee07

July, 30, 2010 AT 11:54 PM

Computer problem
1993 Lexus LS 400 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 189.50 miles

This car is showing code #14 no ignition #1signal and code #15 no ignition #2signal. It is sometimes hard to start and will only run for about 5 minutes and will cut off. Sometime won't crank again. When running it does not run well sometimes, It misses and runs rough I have noticed that when it cuts off that one of the igniters is getting much hotter than the other. Is this both crankshaft sensor, and camshaft sensors indications or something else.

Docfixit

July, 31, 2010 AT 10:52 AM

Is igniter #1 on left side DIST the one getting hot?

ahugee07

August, 8, 2010 AT 12:14 AM

Yes it the #1igniter that is getting hot. They are located on the passenges side of the vehicule in a horizontal position & it is the one to the left. Please reply soon.

Docfixit

August, 8, 2010 AT 2:59 PM

Needs to be replaced

ahugee07

August, 8, 2010 AT 8:38 PM

Thats what I thaught. Replaced it with a used one, ran a lot better for while while I allow it to idle. When I shut car off and try to restart, it cranks like the timing is off, or just a rough start. Tried to crank it then next day and now it won't crank. Firing spark from distributor is not consistant. I don't know the exact friring order of the vehicule. I do know that everything starts with the engene egm computer. I have switched the igniters and the circuit in which it was plug into begin to heat up no just that igniter.

Docfixit

August, 9, 2010 AT 1:04 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_557.jpg

OHM check coils diagram will be small can send to photo shop to enlarge

ahugee07

August, 13, 2010 AT 10:48 PM

Well the diagram drawing that you sent, I haven't been able to enlarge but tried to crank vehicule since and found the coil voltage good at this point so tried to crank vehicule but still wouldn't run. Cranked over once but wouldn't run. If theree is no igniton signal would the vehicule be firing or just not enough firing to crank vehicule or is my problem with the fuel. I have tested the fuel pressure at the tank with a home made tester for no no seem to have a pressure gauge to fit this vehicule since there is no port or connection on fuel railing. I have noticed the car doing strange things when it is left swithed on. For instance you can hear the igniters clicking on and off and some clicking sound in the distributor as well> Wheather it is the camshaft sensor making the noise or not I don't know. Could this problem be a bad ground or a short in the circuit. Thats is why I was tring to find the circuitry of the #1igniter for this seemed to be where the problem was showing up. But now vehicule hardly ever start. I dn't think that the computerwould cause these kind of effect it if was faulty. But I don't know.

Docfixit

August, 14, 2010 AT 11:17 AM

If you are going to fix yourself then recomed you purchase a manual. Click on site bottom of post then click on repair manuals. Follow instructions and you can get Mitchel1 down loaded to your computerfor a small fee as compared to printed manual.