DOOR LOCKS WITH A MIND OF THEIR OWN

2001 Lexus IS 300

boisen

November, 2, 2010 AT 2:06 PM

2001 Lexus IS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86550 miles

In the past few months, my automatic door locks have been locking on their own and the problem has been getting progressively worse. I have had the car to the dealership 3 times and 2 independent vendors without any solution, even though they even replaced the actuator in the driver's door. The door locks lock the doors frequently while the car is park & turned off as well as while I am driving the car. The locks may try to lock the doors as many as 5 - 6 times in a minute without any interaction on my part. Many times I hear the locks closing when I step on the brakes, close or open windows / sunroof, power seats, etc. Even when I try to manaully open the door locks, they will almost instantly relock. Someone said it may be a grounding problem. Any ideas as this has become a huge inconvenience and a drain on my battery.

Door Locks

Door Locks Are Not Working

joe reynard

February, 27, 2011 AT 4:17 AM

I have a 02 is3 with the same problem. It just started locking and unlocking with help from me. Have u found the problem yet?Or the solution

boisen

March, 1, 2011 AT 12:03 AM

I wish I could say that I solved the problem but I haven't. I had a mechanic unplug all the electrical connections under the dash & reconnect them & it seemed to help. It stopped for quite awhile till it rained & then it started again for a couple of days. It seems the problem with my car is related to the moisture level in the air which makes me think there is still a bad connection somewhere. Currently I am not having a problem but feel it could return at any time.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2