2001 LEXUS IS 300 DOOR LOCKS WITH A MIND OF THEIR OWN

• boisen
  • 2001 Lexus IS 300

2001 Lexus IS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86550 miles

In the past few months, my automatic door locks have been locking on their own and the problem has been getting progressively worse. I have had the car to the dealership 3 times and 2 independent vendors without any solution, even though they even replaced the actuator in the driver's door. The door locks lock the doors frequently while the car is park & turned off as well as while I am driving the car. The locks may try to lock the doors as many as 5 - 6 times in a minute without any interaction on my part. Many times I hear the locks closing when I step on the brakes, close or open windows / sunroof, power seats, etc. Even when I try to manaully open the door locks, they will almost instantly relock. Someone said it may be a grounding problem. Any ideas as this has become a huge inconvenience and a drain on my battery.

Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 AT 2:06 PM

• joe reynard

I have a 02 is3 with the same problem. It just started locking and unlocking with help from me. Have u found the problem yet?Or the solution

Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 4:17 AM
  • boisen

I wish I could say that I solved the problem but I haven't. I had a mechanic unplug all the electrical connections under the dash & reconnect them & it seemed to help. It stopped for quite awhile till it rained & then it started again for a couple of days. It seems the problem with my car is related to the moisture level in the air which makes me think there is still a bad connection somewhere. Currently I am not having a problem but feel it could return at any time.

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 12:03 AM