2005 LEXUS GS 300 MAIN FUSE REMOVAL, CATRIDGE FUSE, FUSE BL

• wayne klotz
  • 2005 Lexus GS 300

2005 Lexus GS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

how do you remove the fuse block from the case to access the bottom of the fuse to replace 120 ALT fuse.

Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 AT 7:16 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi wayne klotz,

Thank you for the donation.

At the side of the fuse box, where the fuse box is supported, there are locking tabs. Pressing the tabs would allow you to pull the fuse box out of its seat.

To remove the ALT fuse, you need not remove the fuse box unless there are obstructions. Flip open the side cover at fuse, note carefully and you would be able to see that the cover is clipped on, and you can remove the holding bolts, either 8 or 10 mm hex head bolts and fuse can be puilled out for replacement. Remember to disconnect the battery terminals first.

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 6:59 AM
  • wayne klotz

Your response did not get it done. I tried as well as another person and neither of us could get it to come out. I did disconnect the battery and the ground to the block itself first, still it will not come out. Also, you can not get to the bolt without removing the block from the box. That I know for sure.

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 8:08 AM
  • KHLow2008

How many locking tabs can you see?
Did you pry the locking tab away from the lock and wiggle to dislodge them individually?

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 10:38 AM
  • wayne klotz

Yes, I tried to pry each of the 14 tabs that hold the block in the box. Still not budging.

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 11:19 AM
  • KHLow2008

I believe you have pried the wrong tabs. There should not be that many tabs. Check the side of the fuse box for 4 bigger tabs that are plugged onto brackets.

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 11:55 AM
  • wayne klotz

Just checked. Only small tabs inside the long skinny box. A nut at one end anchoring the - ground wire.

Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 2:04 PM
  • KHLow2008

I am not able to get a clear diagram to explain to you. Can you upload some pictures of the fusebox so I can explain the procedure to you?

Friday, November 20th, 2009 AT 5:46 AM