BATTERY DRAIN

2009 Lexus ES 350

rickg2608@yahoo.com

June, 24, 2009 AT 7:30 PM

2009 Lexus ES 350 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 3000 miles

The dealer claims that this model will drain the battery dead in 7-10 days if not started to charge. This seems unimaginable with todays modern technology and not problematic with comparable Toyota built vehicles (Toyota Avalon).

I have been advised to buy a booster battery pack and leave in the trunk! Unbelievable.

vasche

October, 29, 2009 AT 4:07 PM

Looks like it is true, and actually even worse. I jumped and drove my ES 350 2007 on Saturday and Sunday and on Wednesday night I couldn't start a car. It's a 2 year old car with only 3K of miles on it. Dealer says battery died because I wasn't driving it enough, and looked at me in a very disappointed way, like if I bought a dog and didn't walk it and it's all my fault and I'm a terrible owner. I don't understand how can I be paying $600 a month for a vehicle and have to make sure my jump start is always charged. And sometimes I can't even jump it with freshly charged jump starter. For example on Wednesday night I drained my jumper without being able to start a car, then I recharged the jumper again and only on Thursday morning finally succeeded in starting a car and finally was able to take it to a dealer to replace a battery.

MacGregg

May, 14, 2011 AT 8:02 AM

I own a 2009 Lexus ES 350 and have had this problem about 6 times now! I park and listen to the radio for 30 minutes and can't then start my car. I am disabled and in a wheelchair and bought a Lexus thinking I was getting a reliable car, I find this ridiculous that I must worry about this at all. I have never had this kind of problem with any other cars I have owned. I am now considering putting in an extra or bigger battery to solve a problem that I should not have to solve! When a company designs this close to the edge it makes me wonder just what else is marginal. Every time I get in my car now I wonder if it will start!

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right