When engine light goes on the traction control and stabilitrak light goes on and says it needs maintenance. Engine codes are always PP0171 and P0174 lean on both banks. The engine light goes off after a couple on and offs (7ish) and sometimes goes off around 4ish. Traction control / Stabilitrak always go off after a gear change. I get poor performance when engine light is on (Limp mode?) Every once in a while I get the traction control and stabilitrak lights when I am idleing or low RPM in first gear. When gears automatically change from idle / 1rst to 2nd gear I feel and hear a large "clunk" as it shifts and I get a horrible jolt. I can always minimize this with not accelerating right before the gear change when I know about it. The traction /stabilitrak light always turn off after a gear change. I can almost always get the Traction control and Stabilitrak lights to flash if I tap the brakes a lot or ride the brakes and let go then ride the brakes some more. The Stabilitrak and the Traction control are never separate and both come on always together. Only sometimes does the check engine light for both lean codes come on after these lights. The check engine (lean codes) never comes on without first the Stabilitrak / traction control lights come on, and then the Stabilitrak / traction control lights disappear after a gear change. Whenever I first start my truck and am backing out of the drive way (a little bit of a grade) or driving down the first couple streets in the neighborhood my brakes click (ABS), like I am skidding but I am not. The brakes function normally after 30 secs or so of the truck being on.
I can go weeks with out any symptoms then seemingly random or when I am ridding my brakes or in stop and go traffic I get the symptoms again.
I feel like these are related in some way:
1. I get lean codes engine light only after traction control light and stabilitrak
2. The brakes more often then not jitter only when check engine is on
3. Traction control and stabilitrak lights with a large jolt after can make the check engine light go on also.
what I would think this is:
1. Brake booster vacuum leak
2. PCV system, hose leak or PCV valve, or PCV gasket, or the connections for the hose
3. EGR valve or gasket
4. MAF (have cleaned this once with no change)
5. Fuel system either it be pressure or it be fuel injectors
6. O2 sensor is my last bet.
do you have any ideas for me?
have the same problem?
Friday, October 31st, 2014 AT 9:56 AM