2004 Range Rover dashboard lights

MILLIGANKIM
  • 2004 ROVER RANGE ROVER

Interior problem
2004 Range Rover V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 73,000 miles

the actual dashboard lights are very, very dim. In fact, I have to turn on the interior lights to see the MPH/RPM gage. Also noticed while mdriving in automatic that it appears that the gears are not shifting. It sticks and the RPM's go up to 4+, when you let off the accelerator, it will kick back in normal. Tjhjis does not happen all the time but enough to know there is an isssue

Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 AT 1:53 PM

M_H_RITZEL

Withthe dash lights, check the light control dimmer for the dash lights. The contol switch could be bad. With the transmission check the fluids and make sure they are filled correctly. If they are ok. I would take it and have the fluid changed along with the transmission filter. If the transmission fluid smells burnt there possible be other problems. I would start first with checking the fluid and having the transmission fluid changed and new filter. Just a partly blocked filter could cause what you are describing.

Friday, September 24th, 2010 AT 10:31 AM