LOCKED RADIO

2002 Land Rover

Spydr15

March, 6, 2010 AT 12:46 PM

2002 Other Land Rover Models 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 77700 miles

My wife just purchased the vehicle listed above. The Nav/radio/CD is " locked". I am being prompted for a 5 digit code. My local LR dealer provided me with a 4 digit code, and said that it might be preceded with a ZERO. There is no ZERO on the provided keyboard, only 1-7. Can you tell me how to unlock the unit so that we can use it?

If you need the VIN for the vehicle, that can be provided upon request

Dave H

March, 12, 2010 AT 6:00 AM

We need model details to assist?

Spydr15

March, 12, 2010 AT 6:35 PM

2002 Freelander HSE. The code we were given to unlock the security part of the radio works in the accessories position. It does not work when the car is started. I am thinking it might be a problem with the " constant hot" going to the unit. I am going to try to trace it down tomorrow. Do you know anything about the HK. Harmon Karmen systems?

Dave H

March, 13, 2010 AT 3:54 AM

You need to return to the dealer and retrieve the correct (5) digit code. It needs to be (5) digits with numbers 1 through 7 (no zero). This number should also be located in the vehicles handbook if you have this with the vehicle?

Security Code
The navigation computer is programmed with a five digit security code selected from numbers 1 to 7. If the battery or the navigation computer are disconnected, the code is requested on the LCD the first time the navigation computer is switched on after reconnection; this also occurs if a different removable panel is fitted.
The code is entered using the appropriate multifunction buttons. The navigation computer automatically starts to operate when the fifth digit of the correct code is entered. If an incorrect code is entered, CODE is displayed on the LCD to prompt another entry attempt. If an incorrect code is entered three times in succession, WAIT is displayed on the LCD and the unit is disabled for approximately 60 minutes. If the navigation computer is switched off, the remaining disabled time will resume when the power is restored.

Spydr15

March, 13, 2010 AT 4:18 AM

We were given a code (4 digit) by both the local dealer and Land Rover of North America (manufacturer). When we input the first number as twice, then the rest of the code, the radio unlocks. Is it possible that the " constant hot" or an internal battery might be bad?

Dave H

March, 13, 2010 AT 4:27 AM

Now the radio is unlocked ? I do not understand what your problem in now ... does the radio go off totally with engine running ?? does it default back to asking for the code ??

let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1048.png

Spydr15

March, 13, 2010 AT 6:24 AM

THe code works in the accessories mode. When we go to start the car. It seems to lose the memory.

Dave H

March, 13, 2010 AT 7:08 AM

Check fuses 9 and 11 in passenger compartment fuse box behind left side of dash !

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro