ROVER

1998 Land Rover

bleesrls

November, 6, 2008 AT 9:19 PM

Brakes problem
1998 Other Rover Models All Wheel Drive Automatic

reset ABS light

mhpautos

November, 6, 2008 AT 9:32 PM

Hi there,

You will need to do a scan and identify the fault in the ABS system, fix this then you will be able to clear the code and the light will go out, Post the code for more assistance.

bleesrls

November, 6, 2008 AT 9:49 PM

Thanks for your reply Mark. I left out vital info, apologies. I got a code for 2 14 which I found out was a fault in the LF speed sensor. A new one has been ordered. I was wondeing wheter the light will reset itself if this is the fix.
Thanks again.

mhpautos

November, 6, 2008 AT 9:55 PM

Yes it should, but you will have to go in and clear the fault from the memory so you don't go chasing false codes next time you do a scan.

bleesrls

November, 7, 2008 AT 5:40 PM

Again much thanks. Installed the sensor today. Got a 4 14 this time. The description for this code is still LHF sensor. I went for a test drive, the light went out. Made a few emergency stops to ensure the ABS activated, it did. All seems well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks.

ABS Computer Replacement
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011