2004 Land Rover Discovery Four Wheel Drive Automatic
after having replaced the battery, as I was driving the car caught fire; I think the "blanket" under the hood initiated it, influenced maybe by sparks from the battery poles. All the plastics over the engine have melted (it was quite an intense fire but I managed to extinguish it quickly) After this happened the car didn't start any more. So the engine can be cranked but there is no ignition. Seems like the diesel pump is not opening its valve so that the fuel can pass. Lights, signals and other electronics still work, only the car doesn't start. What might be the problem? Thank you for your time!
have the same problem?
Thursday, October 8th, 2009 AT 11:48 AM