2002 > G 2.0L DOHC > Body Electrical System
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the electrical connector from the bulb.
3. Remove the back cover by pushing in on the cover, then rotating the cover to the left counterclockwise to disengage from the headlight assembly. The headlight bulb is filled with a gas which is under pressure. Damage to the glass part of the bulb can cause the bulb to explode with possible personal injury. Use care when handling the halogen headlight bulb. Do not touch the glass part of the bulb with bare hands. Oil from the skin can cause the glass to fail.
4. Pull the socket with bulb straight back and remove it from the headlight assembly.
5. If the bulb has failed, place it in the new bulb carton and dispose of properly.
6. Hold replacement bulb by the base, or use clean cloth or paper to avoid touching the glass, and install bulb in socket.
7. Align the slots on the socket and corresponding bosses on headlight assembly. Insert bulb and socket into headlight assembly.
8. Install the back cover to hold the socket in place.
9. Install the electrical connector.
10. Connect negative battery cable.