2002 KIA SPECTRA BELTS

• Jjimenez
  • 2002 KIA SPECTRA

Noises problem
2002 Kia Spectra 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 105339 miles

i have had my main belt replaced 3 times in the last 6 months the squaking noise that comes out of it is when I run the ac. The shop that I took it to said it's my altenator that they see a blue and gold color around the pulley of the altenator could that be true?

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 5:46 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

WHAT? They see a blue and gold color around the alt, so it is bad? That makes no sense what so ever! If the belt is making noise, chances are there is a problem with the belt tension. Try an experiment for me. With the engine running and the hood open, pour a small amount of water on the belt. See if the sound changes. Let me know what you find. NOTE: WATER WILL SPLASH SO PROTECT YOUR EYES AND WEAR OLD CLOTHING

Also, I would like you to take the car to a nationally recognized parts store and have them check the alternator. Most will do it for free. That way we will be sure the alt is fine.

Let me know what you find.

Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 AT 7:56 AM