2001 KIA SPECTRA TURNING IGNITION PRODUCES NO STARTUP

• Daledeloy
  • 2001 KIA SPECTRA

2001 Kia Spectra Automatic 99400 miles

During Winter, my car battery wasn't performing well. I often needed to jump-start my vehicle. Nothing was draining the power; I was told I had a bad battery.

Last month a different problem. I turned the ignition and my car wouldn't start up. I heard nothing. My radio worked, my power windows worked. I replaced the battery and even bought new posts as they were damaged from battery acid. My car started up beautifully after the change. Two week later, same problem.

I've made sure my connection to the battery was tight. Sometimes when I turned the ignition and hold the key there for about 10 seconds, it will start up. Today, no such luck.

Sunday, May 17th, 2009 AT 5:52 PM

• Jack42

Could be a bad starter/solenoid. Check for 12 volts at the small wire on the starter with key in crank position. If it has power then the starter needs to be replaced. If none, then get back to me and we will figure out where it stops

Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 8:05 AM