2001 Kia Sephia Engine won't start - no spark

RAINDEM
  • 2001 KIA SEPHIA
My vehicle was cruising along the highway when it suddenly just quit. No noises or issues up to that point. We tow it home and I check the codes. It has a P0343 which my tester says is the Crankshaft Position Sensor but my Chilton book says is the Camshaft Position Sensor.

Upon further inspection I find out my timing belt is toast. Several teeth missing. I replace the belt but it still won't start. I double and triple check my static timing and it is correct. Fuel pressure is good. Compression is good in all cylinders but #3, which has about 60 psi.

I check the trouble codes again and there are none. So I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor anyway today and it still doesn't start.

My next idea was to replace the camshaft position sensor but before I throw too much more money at this thought I would check here.

Thanks.
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 AT 8:36 PM

If that is what the book is indicating as the problem, I would start with that. Check to make sure there is power to the coil also.
Friday, October 22nd, 2010 AT 7:32 AM