ALTERNATOR/BATTERY

2001 Kia Sephia

lwilliams9454

May, 7, 2010 AT 8:01 AM

2001 Kia Sephia 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125, 00 miles

My son's car has had the alternator and battery replaced and it ran fine for bout a day before dying a slow death again. We had alternator tested and replaced again. It ran fine for another day before dying again. Mechanic took it to Kia dealership and had it diagnosed. They said battery cables bad and alternator bad so both were replaced. (Thank goodness for lifetime guarantee). Car keeps dying a slow death. Lights dim and eventually go out. Car dies and pushing begins. Can jump it off and runs for a short distance before doing the same thing. Had belts and pulleys fixed couple of months ago and wondering if a problem stemming from that? (Maybe dumb female question?) Help?

Frustrated mom

christinaelizabethholtz

I am going through the same problem atm, gone through 3 alternators and even more batteries in the last year. Something in the kia is shorting it the alternator. Put a new one in they even tested it before I bought it and as soon as I started the car it shorted out. I tested the batteries and the batterie was dying again.

Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator testing done right