DON'T START!

2000 Kia Sephia

DanaG1

November, 1, 2010 AT 3:42 PM

2000 Kia Sephia

I have a 2000 sephia and I drove the car to work everyday. Saturday came home from work and Sunday when I want to go shopping, the car didn't start. Turn the key to on position, all lights on board on. When I try to start no cranking, no noises at all and the lights dim to nothing. If I retry ( repet the starting process again) same thing happen over and over without having the car crank/or start. Any idea what may be wrong/broke? Thanks in advance!

Dave H

November, 1, 2010 AT 6:45 PM

Start by checking/replacing the battery

DanaG1

November, 1, 2010 AT 7:25 PM

I thought of that but battery is fully charged. I even try to jump starting the car and still doing the same: no cranking, no start, lights diminishing to nothing.

Dave H

November, 1, 2010 AT 7:29 PM

Check if the engine will turn by hand using a wrench on crankshaft pulley. The engine should at least attempt to crank over if being jumped?. Check wiring to starter motor. Tap starter motor with a hammer it may be jammed up?

DanaG1

November, 1, 2010 AT 8:28 PM

No, even when I try start jumping, the engine didn't give any sign of attempting to crank. Didn't try to turn the engine by hand yet. And I will try to hit the starter too to see if at least will give any signs of working.

Dave H

November, 2, 2010 AT 3:54 AM

Check you have power to the starter. Check the wiring is not loose damaged. And lastly tap it a few times to try and loosen it?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement