2000 KIA SEPHIA DON'T START!

• DanaG1
  • 2000 Kia Sephia

2000 Kia Sephia

I have a 2000 sephia and I drove the car to work everyday. Saturday came home from work and Sunday when I want to go shopping, the car didn't start. Turn the key to on position, all lights on board on. When I try to start no cranking, no noises at all and the lights dim to nothing. If I retry ( repet the starting process again) same thing happen over and over without having the car crank/or start. Any idea what may be wrong/broke? Thanks in advance!

Monday, November 1st, 2010 AT 3:42 PM

• Dave H

Start by checking/replacing the battery

Monday, November 1st, 2010 AT 6:45 PM
  • DanaG1

I thought of that but battery is fully charged. I even try to jump starting the car and still doing the same: no cranking, no start, lights diminishing to nothing.

Monday, November 1st, 2010 AT 7:25 PM
  • Dave H

Check if the engine will turn by hand using a wrench on crankshaft pulley. The engine should at least attempt to crank over if being jumped?. Check wiring to starter motor. Tap starter motor with a hammer it may be jammed up?

Monday, November 1st, 2010 AT 7:29 PM
  • DanaG1

No, even when I try start jumping, the engine didn't give any sign of attempting to crank. Didn't try to turn the engine by hand yet. And I will try to hit the starter too to see if at least will give any signs of working.

Monday, November 1st, 2010 AT 8:28 PM
  • Dave H

Check you have power to the starter. Check the wiring is not loose damaged. And lastly tap it a few times to try and loosen it?

Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 AT 3:54 AM