JUMPED THE CAR WRONG

2004 Kia Sedona

slaurie

December, 27, 2009 AT 2:51 PM

2004 Kia Sedona 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I placed the - and + on wrong when jumping my car. It smell bad inside and out. Now the Battery and Brake lights are on. I did check charging system with my multimeter the volts to the battery only 12 with a new battery.
my question is, I can not find the fues for the brake or altenator. Any trouble shooting tip would help

my alt has the clip with 2 wires and on with the nut how can I test it with out braking anything else. : ~(

Docfixit

December, 27, 2009 AT 3:35 PM

Hi
Check the Main fuse in distribution center left side engine compartment it is 120amp. There is likely multiple electrical circuits damaged but you may have been lucky.
Let me know
Thanks for donate

slaurie

December, 28, 2009 AT 6:42 PM

My friend came over with his meter that was the promble but my locks do not work I do not know the name of the module that controls the lock its not the keyless entry. Or is it. I can not find after market part number. I do have keyless entry. I found it under the dash. Could you tell me the name and were I can buy oem. Kia wants 231.00

Docfixit

December, 29, 2009 AT 8:49 AM

Assumed you checked door lock fuse so what controls door locks is the body control module aka ETWIS and affarid dealer only source. May try bone yaed
Is any other electrical items not working? Ie. Exterior lights

slaurie

January, 1, 2010 AT 1:12 AM

Did not see a door lock fuse on the online manual, or in my owners manual. Any help? Did not see it in the fuse box panel or under the hood. Did see the ETWIS is in the center console. I tried to find a pic. No luck

Docfixit

Door lock fuse in engine compart. Labled BTN 3

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement