02)The timing belt appears good, teeth are sharp with no deterioration seen.
03) No sludge, heat discoloration or LOL evidence & no cooling system failures.
04) Each pair of exhaust valves in each cylinder broke off about ¼" above the valve head. The stems are still in the guides in the head & keepers are in place.
05) There is no damage to any intake valves.
06) The vehicle operator said the motor was running and just cut off!
07) Has anyone seen this before and is there a known cause for this failure? I am stumped fpr a COF.
08) I never saw a failure like this where only the exhaust valves are broken & the untake undamaged. And both cams are driven by the same belt.
have the same problem?
Friday, February 5th, 2010 AT 2:03 PM