ELECTRICAL PROBLEM2002 KIA RIO 4 CYL FRONT ...

2002 Kia Rio

saxophone7

June, 7, 2008 AT 8:38 PM

2002 Kia Rio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 99000 miles

I have a 2002 kia rio sedan. I was tring to figure out why my interior dome light didn't work. I was checking to see if power was going to the light and to my surprise there was. Unfortunately, I accidentally completed what should of been an open circuit and the ground and live pieces touched. To my frustration, there was no longer and power going to the light. I checked EVERY fuse in the car that I could find and they all were good. I then turned on my car and found that the radio doesn't work anymore! It worked before and now it doesn't. I have no clue what I did. What did I do? Even more helpful, how the heck do I fix it?

June, 8, 2008 AT 8:34 AM

Hi saxophone7,

Firstly the dome light either has a loose contact or was fused. Replace the bulb if necessary.

Secondly you short circuited the power supply and caused a blown dome/radio fuse.

I am not familiar with the fuse layout of this vehicle so you need to check for a room light or radio fuse.

If it is not under dash, then it should be under the bonnet.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement